HM-3 Hyper metal?

Honestly just buy it, maybe try lowballing the seller.

If you like it, you can still build the PCB and sell the original, if not you could at least figure out what you dislike about it and potentially mod/change it or just not build it at all.

Honestly just buy it, maybe try lowballing the seller.

If you like it, you can still build the PCB and sell the original, if not you could at least figure out what you dislike about it and potentially mod/change it or just not build it at all.
I sent an offer. If he doesn’t get back to me soon I might just buy it haha

He got back to me. I think I am buying this one. I also think I am becoming a boss fanboy…. My current favorite pedals are Dimension C and FZ-2. But I am Jonesing for one of those new shiny 50th anniversary SD-1s too. They are only $82 on sweetwater new

I was going to say, don't miss out on a good deal. We all know what "coming soon" means around here. :ROFLMAO:
Haha ya patience has never been my strong suit. The guy made me an offer I couldn’t refuse haha. I got it cheap enough I should be able to sell it for a little profit if I don’t like it. But I don’t foresee that happening. I will still build a pcb for sure. I’m going to take @jesuscrisp advice and play with to hear if I want to mod something with it. More is always better. I have 2 FZ-2 builds in the works right now too haha

Haha ya patience has never been my strong suit. The guy made me an offer I couldn’t refuse haha. I got it cheap enough I should be able to sell it for a little profit if I don’t like it. But I don’t foresee that happening. I will still build a pcb for sure. I’m going to take @jesuscrisp advice and play with to hear if I want to mod something with it. More is always better. I have 2 FZ-2 builds in the works right now too haha
You'll have to let us know what you think of it when you get it.

HM-3 Hyper Metal should get here Thursday. I also ordered a Boss RE-2 from sweetwater cuz last week was my birthday and I spent it in the hospital with my wife cuz she had to have an emergency gallbladder removal. We were in the hospital for 2 days but she is recovering well. I am recovering as well from sleeping in those god awful chairs haha

Last edited:
HM-3 Hyper Metal should get here Thursday. I also ordered a Boss RE-2 from sweetwater cuz last week was my birthday and I spent it in the hospital with my wife cuz she had to have an emergency gallbladder removal. We were in the hospital for 2 days but she is recovering well. I am recovering as well from sleeping in those god awful chairs haha
Hope she recovers soon

Hope she recovers soon
Thanks for the kind thoughts. We appreciate it. She recovering quickly. She is much stronger than me in spite of being half my size haha. I complain about sleeping in hospital chairs while she doesn’t complain at all after having surgery haha

@drgonzo1969 What's the update on this one? I can't remember if you posted about it somewhere else. How's it sound? Worth it?
I hadn’t posted an update. I wanted to record a demo but I’ve been hella sick the last few weeks. I do love the HM-3. I put it on my board right after my hyper fuzz clone and it gets me in pretty damn close to the Monolord tone with my Revv G20 amp. I think if I was using an orange it would be dead on. The HM-3 does sound best to my ears with everything cranked but it’s super versatile. Definitely worth what they are going for used and I will build a pcb if one becomes available. Hopefully I will record a demo in the next month haha

I hadn’t posted an update. I wanted to record a demo but I’ve been hella sick the last few weeks. I do love the HM-3. I put it on my board right after my hyper fuzz clone and it gets me in pretty damn close to the Monolord tone with my Revv G20 amp. I think if I was using an orange it would be dead on. The HM-3 does sound best to my ears with everything cranked but it’s super versatile. Definitely worth what they are going for used and I will build a pcb if one becomes available. Hopefully I will record a demo in the next month haha
Cool. I think I may just pick up a used one for the hell of it. Hope you feel better man.

Back