Hot transistor- pythagoras -Three reverb

red

HI!
i'm Building the pythagoras and i have a problem:
I plugged the pedal and heard like frying sound, the transistor instantly becomes super hot
Do I have to throw everything away?

Attachments

• IMG_20200718_155134.jpg
    IMG_20200718_155134.jpg
    757.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I'm confused what build document are you using doesn't look like the layout in the Pythagoras build doc I've got, is it an earlier revision ?

Post a link to the build document you're using

Something heating up sounds like reversed power supply / polarity / shorts what are you using to power it

Last edited:
I'm confused what build document are you using doesn't look like the layout in the Pythagoras build doc I've got, is it an earlier revision ?

Post a link to the build document you're using

Something heating up sounds like reversed power supply what are you using to power it
i have this one https://docs.pedalpcb.com/project/Pythagoras.pdf

I tried to switch the plus and ground of power and it doesn't warm up but this makes no sense to me because there's + an - on the pcb and i followed the connection as in the pdf

Don't change anything I meant what are you using to power it what kind of adaptor or battery

Is it centre negative if it's an adaptor

*Edited I was looking at old build doc

Last edited:
Right I've got it now it's V3 I'm an idiot I was looking at a previously downloaded build doc lesson learnt! If it says 'you have already downloaded this do you want to download it again hit yes! when using your phone especially

All your values etc look correct post a picture of your DC jack or battery wiring and your voltage regulator IC4

I'd advise not to power it until you know all your power connections are ok

Last edited:
Back