How did you label your hammered finish box?

Paradox916

Just curious is anyone labeled their Hammered finished box, I have a Tyrian in a copper finished one looks cool but the Tyrian I just couldn’t get into so that little guy is going up for adoption.... Anyways has anyone tried to decal one?(that seems like that wouldn’t work very well. ) hand painted? Etched? Engraved?. Or futile effort?

There is some stuff model builders use on water slides that softens them to conform to texture, but no personal experience with it

@Barry is talking about Micro Sol and Micro Set. If you're using regular waterslides that stuff is great at getting the decal to lay on uneven surfaces. I don't think I would use it with the no-film stuff, though, because of the glue (maybe I'll experiment one day).

If you have really deep valleys in the hammered finish even softener may not help. But why not give it a try...

Looking at some hobby forums they recommend a little vinegar as a Micro Sol substitute.

I was also thinking waterslide for my upcoming hammered tonebender builds. The Basic Audio stuff looks great. What people use did they use back in the day though, ink stamps?

Last edited:
Back