SOLVED Hydra Delay - volume drop

Brooks78

I just finished up my Hydra delay, and I'm getting a significant volume drop when the pedal is on. The led is also not lighting up, and there is a buzzing noise when bypassed.
I checked the power supply voltage at the jack and I'm getting 9v. I also proper wire orientation and checked continuity on all of the wiring.
I also tried turning the Mix control in both directions, but the output is still the same. 20240429_092651.jpg

Any thoughts on where I should troubleshoot?

Bridge the two pads at the bottom of your 3PDT breakout board and the LED should light.

It looks like you might have the ground and signal wires reversed on the input / output jacks. The lug on the angled side is ground.

I just finished up my Hydra delay, and I'm getting a significant volume drop when the pedal is on. The led is also not lighting up, and there is a buzzing noise when bypassed.
I checked the power supply voltage at the jack and I'm getting 9v. I also proper wire orientation and checked continuity on all of the wiring.
I also tried turning the Mix control in both directions, but the output is still the same.View attachment 74025

Any thoughts on where I should troubleshoot?
Can’t see the wiring, but verify the wiring to the input/output jacks is correct.

Also solder joints on a couple of pins on the FV1 look a bit cold from the pic (could also be optical illusion)

Back