Hydra Delay

steviejr92

Authorized Vendor
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
So first off i just want to say this pedal rules! This pedal is also a result of not having parts and getting creative. What an awesome delay! I see why @MichaelW loves it!

This is my 2nd smd solder build ive done and it went even smoother than the first! A few things to note here i used 12k instead of 15k where it asked only cause i dont have any. I also had to put 2 caps in parallel to make up for the 470p cap i also dont have. I completed the circuit only to find out im out of DC jacks but i have the circuit mounted ones you use for the Auditorium boards! I know @Robert makes the daughter boards to mount the jacks on so i fabricated on myself using strip board. And you know what i LOVE IT! Im really proud of myself for how it came out! Then on to the switches i only had 3 of the long bats and 2 of the short bats so i did a mixture of both.

As for the design i saw @homebrewtj build report if this same build the other day and it inspired to follow with the "utility" look! I really love his design and pedal overall definitely kicks mines butt! Here it is if you want to check it out! Im planning on doing a demo of it maybe tomorrow! Its a very cool pedal so far i like the first switch on and the others off it acts as a normal delay in the setting! Overall this pedal came out cause i was impatient and not wanting to wait for parts haha I still works and functions as normal and tbh i really love it for its simplistic look! 5 out of 5 for me!

IMG-1070.jpg

IMG-1072.jpg

IMG-1074.jpg

IMG-1073.jpg

IMG-1075.jpg

IMG-1077.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve always wanted to build the Hydra. Seems like so much work, and that’s just finding the parts…though I’m sure it’s worth it…

I’ve always wanted to build the Hydra. Seems like so much work, and that’s just finding the parts…though I’m sure it’s worth it…
It’s very worth and what parts are you talking about? It’s a very straightforward build the only thing I could see if you wanted to use 1/8w resistors but you can teepee them if need be just like I’d did. The FV1 is the only thing but you can find that at SBP. And the crystal that you need is available there too.

So first off i just want to say this pedal rules! This pedal is also a result of not having parts and getting creative. What an awesome delay! I see why @MichaelW loves it!

This is my 2nd smd solder build ive done and it went even smoother than the first! A few things to note here i used 12k instead of 15k where it asked only cause i dont have any. I also had to put 2 caps in parallel to make up for the 470p cap i also dont have. I completed the circuit only to find out im out of DC jacks but i have the circuit mounted ones you use for the Auditorium boards! I know @Robert makes the daughter boards to mount the jacks on so i fabricated on myself using strip board. And you know what i LOVE IT! Im really proud of myself for how it came out! Then on to the switches i only had 3 of the long bats and 2 of the short bats so i did a mixture of both.

As for the design i saw @homebrewtj build report if this same build the other day and it inspired to follow with the "utility" look! I really love his design and pedal overall definitely kicks mines butt! Here it is if you want to check it out! Im planning on doing a demo of it maybe tomorrow! Its a very cool pedal so far i like the first switch on and the others off it acts as a normal delay in the setting! Overall this pedal came out cause i was impatient and not wanting to wait for parts haha I still works and functions as normal and tbh i really love it for its simplistic look! 5 out of 5 for me!

View attachment 36972

View attachment 36973

View attachment 36974

View attachment 36975

View attachment 36976

View attachment 36977
I dig it!

Awesome! This is another one that has been in and out of my cart for a while. Starting to feel a rumble of GAS building up. And awesome job improvising with what you have on hand.

Awesome! This is another one that has been in and out of my cart for a while. Starting to feel a rumble of GAS building up. And awesome job improvising with what you have on hand.
I say go for it!! I was playing with it yesterday and now I see why @MichaelW really loves this thing! The age knob is one of the coolest features in my opinion. It allows you to change to tone of the delay it’s really incredible! If you pull the trigger on it you’re not going to regret it!

I say go for it!! I was playing with it yesterday and now I see why @MichaelW really loves this thing! The age knob is one of the coolest features in my opinion. It allows you to change to tone of the delay it’s really incredible! If you pull the trigger on it you’re not going to regret it!
Oh nice. One of the things I loved about the Evil Owl delay is that it had a tone knob. Which I always thought “smack a tone knob on the Magnetron and you’d have the most epic PT delay available. Love being able to dial in a tone of the repeats. But having four sets would be rad. Right now I’m getting the 1/8 note bounce by using a dm2 into the DMM. I might have to finally dip my toes in FV.

Nice work on the IO prototype and your graphics are always groovin'. I especially like the pedal's own quotes 😍

It’s very worth and what parts are you talking about? It’s a very straightforward build the only thing I could see if you wanted to use 1/8w resistors but you can teepee them if need be just like I’d did. The FV1 is the only thing but you can find that at SBP. And the crystal that you need is available there too.

I think that the scarcity of the FV-1 has scarred me…

Nice work on the IO prototype and your graphics are always groovin'. I especially like the pedal's own quotes 😍
The quotes are a way to put my own personality into the pedal give it some character 🤣 thank you so much!

• Love
Reactions: fig
Back