Hyped Fuzz Mode Opinions

Bio77

For those of you who have built the Hyped Fuzz. How useful do you find the center toggle position (gain boost mode)? I'm contemplating building mine with a regular DPDT switch. I.e., just having Fuzz 1 and Fuzz 2 mode.

I was surprised how well the center position worked with the neck pickup, comparable to rolling down the volume on a germanium fuzz. I would advise to build it with the required switch.

In that position it's literally just a clean boost with EQ. Might be cool but ultimately I don't put a HYPERFUZZ on my board for clean boosting.

That being said, maybe a "Hyped Boost" could be a fun standalone project, especially if the input stage was actually a discrete op amp like the original.

Thanks for the input! I'm going to skip the clean boost. I like the flat switches and can't get an on-on-on in one of those.

I built one recently and I'm underwhelmed. I guess I'm so used to Big Muffs and Fuzz Faces - this one sounds more.........messy......than the other fuzzes. Like more inarticulate. I'll play with the transistors a little more, but at this rate, it's going on the shelf.

In that position it's literally just a clean boost with EQ. Might be cool but ultimately I don't put a HYPERFUZZ on my board for clean boosting.

That being said, maybe a "Hyped Boost" could be a fun standalone project, especially if the input stage was actually a discrete op amp like the original.

Back