Hyped Fuzz with DIY files

DailyDovetails

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This pedal sounds pretty much how I expected it to. I think the only surprise is that the boost is actually a little better than I had expected not that I imagine the boost that much. I have wanted one of these probably since the early 2000's as a Stephen Carpenter fan. More recently I have really enjoyed this pedal as used by both Electric Wizard and Monolord.

The build on this was a little more demanding than I had imagined it would be. Not really difficult especially if you go slow and measure the parts as you install them but there are a ton of tiny 1/8 watt resistors and electrolytic capacitors on this board.

I feel like after working on the process for a while I have a pretty good 3D printable pedal platform. I posted all the files to build this here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6492607 in case anyone else wants to give it a try. The only part I don't think I have really hatched out yet is the power supply diameter, I'm thinking in the future I might make the power supply hole larger and then make adapters for the different sized DC adapters.

1708306824648.jpeg
1708306803885.jpeg
1708306773258.jpeg
1708306876268.jpeg
1708306884873.jpeg
1708306898369.jpeg
1708306907758.jpeg
1708306916328.jpeg
I put some pictures I normally wouldn't include for a reference of how everything goes together. If there is an interest I will consider putting together the files for other pedals.

I didn’t know Stephen carpenter used the hyper fuzz. Now I like it even more. I love Monolord and Electric Wizard. Kick ass build. Killer enclosure as usual!

Awesome looking build. That LED clip thing is brilliant. Makes me want to get a 3D printer.
Thank you. It took me a while to figure out how to make that part so the LED couldn’t move and the pedal would still be easy to take apart. It doesn’t keep the stomp switch from turning as well as I want it to so I will likely revise it eventually.

I have had a lot of fun using mine. As a warning it is almost a hobby on its own especially if you do the 3D design part.

Back