SOLVED I can't locate a pcb short (Mahayana)

ryugu

I built up a Zendrive board and it wouldn't power up. I used my DMM to poke around and found that the "+" pad on the pcb where the power jack connects has continuity to ground at all "G" pads on the pcb. I have disconnected everything from the board but the pots. I have checked both sides of the pcb thoroughly and I cannot find a short anywhere. The parts of board were carefully soldered, and thoroughly cleaned with 90% alchohol. Any guesses how/why this is happening? Could the short be happening internally somehow?

Does the whole 9v rail have continuity with ground.. not just the 9v pad?

Id remove D1 and see you still have continuity with 9v and ground along the 9v rsil (c6). Then keep removing parts from the 9v path (r10) and follow that 9v rail until you find the short

@ryugu
That's the first time I've heard this one but I guess it makes sense! Glad you got it rocking! Way to go persisting with the troubleshooting!

You can mark this thread “Solved” by editing your original post title and selecting the the little drop down menu on the left hand of the title bar and select the “Solved” badge.

Helps with the hygiene of this forum so the guru’s can help the folks that still need help. Thanks!

Back