I have to choose a Delay FV-1 based on

Elijah-Baley

Hello, I want to build a delay pedal, something more than PT2399, but I'm a bit confused about the version and how them work.
I think I'll build one of these:

- D3lay - https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/d3lay/
- BuGGFX Daydream - https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/daydream/

I love the idea to have some modulation like in the Daydream, but I want to know how much them are different those two delay, and I just can't find D3lay pedal demo, I want to listen the tape effect.

What you guy can tell me about these delay pedals?

Thanks!

The daydream is really cool. But it is a different sound from standard delay.

I think if you want a more standard delay sound, the DMD2 looks like a great option because you can go from digital delay sound to tape (with the modulation and filter knobs)

Another option would be to build the arachnid pcb and load up a custom eeprom with all the delays and maybe a couple other sounds. Including the kaleidescope (same as daydream), digital, tape, etc.

The Hydra also gets a lot of positive talk on here.

I would definitely check out the hydra if you haven’t, it’s has to be one of the better diy digital delays you can build if you don’t have your heart set on something specific yet it’s absolutely worth the time to take a look before you make a final decision.

I find very interesting the Hydra, indeed, it was my first choice and I think that is the better.
Later I change my mind about to build it now, I prefer something more "standard" and easy, and I don't want all those switches. (Even if I can try the switches and fix them with jumper, but it's a bit a waste.)

I exclude the Arachnid, I think that's fine as multi effect.

I admit even DMD2 is a good option, too. But I would like to put a delay in one box, with a reverb, probably it will be a ThreeVerb, and I like the idea (maybe something stupid) to have a sort of symmetry, the PCB should be the same of the D3lay and the Daydream, right? With the switch in the middle.

I'm searching some good demo, because those are delay, but with a peculiar sound.

I did a combo build with a hydra and a Spatialist, and that’s a lot to navigate so I can totally see the appeal of something that is more straightforward and symmetrical in controls

Maybe someone can send the guy to something that aproximates Subdecay's Echo Box? It's super straightforward, and sounds good, sitting, as its creator says, in between digital and analog. It has clear delays, but not pristine, and can do your typical useful delay with your triangle tremolo modulation. Dial it almost all the way down, and it has this soft, atmospheric always-on reverb-y quality to it. It's the sort of thing I'd recommend, but in the sea of delays available, I am totally unanchored... So maybe it helps someone to recommend something for him that does this kind of thing?

I didn't answer early, but I'm going to order a kit by Musikding, so I can't order the pre-programmed eprom separately. And it's too much expensive order the PCB and the eprom from Europe, I think. So... a kit, and it's pretty fine for me, I just have to decide what delay is better for me. I think I can't go wrong, anyway, but I want to thinking about it, before to get a casual delay.

Here's a short demo of what I have in mind: https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/d3lay-and-threeverb-dual-pythagoras-build-w-video.6146/post-51130. I'd like to listen better just the delay section, but that's my idea of sound.

Maybe someone can send the guy to something that aproximates Subdecay's Echo Box?

Do you mean a Subdecay Echobox delay pedal? I can't get any information about to build this particular one.

Back