SOLVED I knew I was getting too cocky... Need a little help with my Obsidius build

peccary

I have a pretty busy week coming up and was pumped with the possibility of finishing this tonight, so I skipped testing and just boxed it up. I'd had such good luck with my previous builds that I was feeling a bit more confident than I ought to have.

Anyways, I am hoping that this something dumb and obvious. I likely won't have the chance to dig in to this thing til the end of this week or maybe next weekend, but I thought I'd ask now to see anyone could see something obvious before I tear it all apart.

Bypass works, but the LED foot switch does not light up and there is no sound whatsoever when engaged. I'm assuming (hoping?) it's a dumb mistake that I can fix quickly after feeling a bit stupid.

Here's some photos:

Full monte:

Jacks:

As close of a zoom as I could get on the board with my phone:

Last edited:
Dudes... I think I put my protection diode in backwards...... :ROFLMAO:. Funny I find that like 5 minutes after posting. Being able to zoom on the photos is really helpful.

Can anyone confirm that would cause the issues I'm experiencing?

I was so convinced it was in my wiring I didn't double check my diodes. If that's it I can get that fixed up pretty easily.

Did you jumper the boards LED? Won't help with no signal but may be why Footswitch isn't lighting

I was wondering whether or not I needed to do that while I was building - I wasn't sure since there were no notes mentioning it on the illuminated foot switch breakout board page. I figured that if the pedal worked and there was no LED that I'd go back and put a jumper in.

I think the diode issue is what is preventing it from working and I should be able to fix that in a little bit once we put the kiddo to sleep.

Dudes... I think I put my protection diode in backwards...... :ROFLMAO:. Funny I find that like 5 minutes after posting. Being able to zoom on the photos is really helpful.

Can anyone confirm that would cause the issues I'm experiencing?

I was so convinced it was in my wiring I didn't double check my diodes. If that's it I can get that fixed up pretty easily.
That definitely needs to be fixed

Flipped the diode and the pedal is working great now. Can't wait to open this thing up on my nice rig - sounds great on my practice amp!

The illuminated foot switch is not working, still, though. Can anyone confirm that I need a jumper there?

Back