I really thought tonight was going to turn out different (I Efffffed up)

Worse case scenario, The Jack pins will hit the Pots!
Use these 3/8'' Rubber bungs & Drill 2 new holes!
715qFdPEUHL._SX342_.jpg

Little update (actually found a few minutes to sit down and finish this one).

I filed out the holes just a bit so I could slide the jacks in there and you actually can’t even see the hole! The washer covers everything so it looks great! Followed @jjjimi84 method for biasing and adjusted to taste and it sounds killer. Sounds nice with my tele at medium speed going into my Spiritbox running my protein blue before EV. I need to try the vibe before drive because I’ve heard that’s what a lot of people like. The tone is excellent it really makes the guitar come alive.

I did find that the vibrato setting leaves something to be desired when I have it calibrated for the chorus side but to be honest I don’t see me using the vibrato much.

Attachments

• 008CA430-CBFD-4CDE-B64D-544378030AB0.jpeg
    008CA430-CBFD-4CDE-B64D-544378030AB0.jpeg
    723.7 KB · Views: 25
  • ED0DC4A0-82D7-40B3-983E-FA393F4270E3.jpeg
    ED0DC4A0-82D7-40B3-983E-FA393F4270E3.jpeg
    450.8 KB · Views: 26
I personally hate vibe after dirt, but it's totally a matter of taste. Definitely play around with the order and see what works best for you. Or place it in between two dirt pedals for the best of both worlds. 😉

Been really excited to get this Electrovibe done. I took my time on the pcb and I think it’s some of my best soldering. Used the pin headers for the switches and cut out the square for the rocker switch. I had my buddy powder coat it for me too.

Fast forward to tonight and as I’m assembling it I realize I drilled the jacks too close to the pots 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ God damn 1590bb

Anyways I will probably drill holes in the proper spot and make a faceplate to cover up what a fucking mess it will be. But such is life.. at least I’m loving my color scheme!
Sorry to chime in after it's been solved, but where did you get all of the parts for the bulb and the four things surrounding it? I have this about 90% of the way populated, I'm missing those and the pots, cause I was going to wait until I got the parts in the middle.

Sorry to chime in after it's been solved, but where did you get all of the parts for the bulb and the four things surrounding it? I have this about 90% of the way populated, I'm missing those and the pots, cause I was going to wait until I got the parts in the middle.
Yes I got everything at small bear. Not sure what he has in stock still and I’m pretty sure he’s shutting down orders soon until January

Back