I think my Fuzz Foundry LED pads are backwards or printed wrong??

PoppaAdat

I've been driving myself crazy with the Fuzz Foundry board I got. The LED pads are printed with "A" next to the circle pad and "K" next to the square pad. Isn't square always supposed to be positive and circle is negative? This board would indicate the opposite the way it's printed and laid out. To add to confusion, I am looking at a few gut shots of other people's FF builds and I can see that their boards are printed correctly with the square pad on the left and circle pad on the right – opposite of mine. And I know I'm looking at both boards in the same direction. Also the FF page on PedalPCB.com show something different than what I have. I put pics of all this below.

Is this a known issue, or am I overlooking something very obvious?

Pic of my board showing the flipped pads: IMG_5442.jpg

Pic of someone else's board showing what I think is correct (slightly different print on the LED area as well): Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 12.36.42 PM.png

PedalPCB website showing how I think they should have been printed: https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/fuzzfoundry/

The board is correct. The square pad is typically the Cathode for any diode, since an LED is a diode the PCB follows this standard.

See this thread: LED polarity

Last edited by a moderator:
A=Anode K=Cathode. The square pad doesn't always indicate positive. Different pcb makers use different standards when it comes to LED polarity. and Pedalpcb changed to the current standard of your pcb at some point.

Ok so it looks like I have it wired up correctly. I have the positive leg on the A and shorter on the K. Knowing that the square and circle don't always mean +/- I think should be ok. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom