In Space, No One Can Hear You Scream, Unless You Turn This Knob (Low Tide)

jwyles90

This is my Low Tide build that I finished up recently. I bought this PCB pretty soon after I started building, and I joked with my girlfriend about this being my "white whale build" because it was always there waiting for me in my drawer, but it scared the hell out of me. It was only recently that I felt confident enough to take a stab at it, and I think it turned out pretty solid. The build itself was actually pretty straightforward, I made sure to take my time with everything and triple-check each component before soldering since there really is little room for error here, but when all was said and done it worked!

The trim pots are definitely pretty finicky, and it took me a good half an hour or so to initially get them set up. At first, I had the gate trim almost all the way open since the window for it to work was basically right at the end of the sweep anyways. It sounded alright, but I didn't have much to compare it to so after watching a few demos of it online I realized my gate was a little too open, so after I dialed it back a bit I was able to really get that cool, clamped down sound out of it. I like that I can get some traditional (or close to traditional) sounding chorus tones out of this thing, while also being able to dial it in for some moody, quirky modulated goodness with the mix turned up and the low pass filter doing its thing to mellow everything out. Overall I'm really happy with this one, and it earned a spot on my main board pretty quickly. My girlfriend did a great job with the paint here too, and I think it matches the mood and vibe of the pedal.

IMG-6319.jpg IMG-6320.jpg

Back