Informant + Muffin Fuzz + Mod for Bass / 1590BB =

jcrhee

Just finished this build for a friend of mine that plays mainly bass. The challenge was to fit it all into a 1590BB with a custom drill and UV printing from Tayda. I also wanted to reposition the pots to where I wanted from an aesthetic point of view -- inspired heavily by Duelist.

The UV printing was done with a white base layer, black color layer, and a top gloss-v; over the matte black enclosure. I wasn't too thrilled with the white layer as it looks like there's some bleed. In the future, I'd probably omit the white base layer altogether if when going for a black over black design.

I also had to flip the PCBs upside down to get them to fit inside the 1590BB enclosure.

The aluminum knobs are from LMS. I'm really digging the black and mocha color scheme.

Overall, really digging this build.

With that being said, I do notice that there's a ticking type sound, almost like morse code or something when the muffin fuzz is engaged and I roll the volume off on my guitar. I checked to see if there's any DC voltage leak on the output but there is none. Also using a 100n film cap on c13.

IMG_3851.jpg IMG_3852.jpg IMG_3854.jpg IMG_3850.jpg

Just finished this build for a friend of mine that plays mainly bass. The challenge was to fit it all into a 1590BB with a custom drill and UV printing from Tayda. I also wanted to reposition the pots to where I wanted from an aesthetic point of view -- inspired heavily by Duelist.

The UV printing was done with a white base layer, black color layer, and a top gloss-v; over the matte black enclosure. I wasn't too thrilled with the white layer as it looks like there's some bleed. In the future, I'd probably omit the white base layer altogether if when going for a black over black design.

I also had to flip the PCBs upside down to get them to fit inside the 1590BB enclosure.

The aluminum knobs are from LMS. I'm really digging the black and mocha color scheme.

Overall, really digging this build.

With that being said, I do notice that there's a ticking type sound, almost like morse code or something when the muffin fuzz is engaged and I roll the volume off on my guitar. I checked to see if there's any DC voltage leak on the output but there is none. Also using a 100n film cap on c13.

View attachment 10832View attachment 10833View attachment 10834View attachment 10835
Looks fantastic! Did you by chance have the drill template you could share?

Attachments

• 1590BB-Dual Custom Drill - IO.pdf
    221.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 1590BB-Dual Custom Drill - Face.pdf
    136.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 1590BB-Dual Custom Drill - AI.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Beautiful. Looks way better than most commercial pedals. As for the insides, good job cramming it all in there. We do what we gotta do.

About the ticking, have you tried other power supplies?

Beautiful. Looks way better than most commercial pedals. As for the insides, good job cramming it all in there. We do what we gotta do.

Right? I feel like he could slap a $300 price tag on that send it to YouTube people and boom

Thank you. Regarding power supply, I didn't think of that but will give it a try.

Back