Is there a guide to using the auditorium test platform?

lushhush

I bought the the parts kits from stompboxparts. I've never built a pedal, so I thought this would be helpful testing builds before finalizing in the enclosure. Do I wire everything I can on the pcb besides the I/O jacks I guess since those are on the auditorium? Any guidance appreciated!

You would wire the + and - at the top for power and the 4 connectors at the bottom, in, gnd, sw, and out. AFAIK you wouldn't need to wire up the jacks ground wire usually found to either side of the + and - connections at the top of a board.

You would wire the + and - at the top for power and the 4 connectors at the bottom, in, gnd, sw, and out. AFAIK you wouldn't need to wire up the jacks ground wire usually found to either side of the + and - connections at the top of a board.
Where would I wire the + and - to since there is a power jack that gets soldered to the auditorium board? also the bottom, in, gnd, sw, and out are would bypass the footswitch instead of soldering the footswitch to the pcb?

InkedAuditorium-Assembled_LI.jpg

The blue part near the power jack are where you would put the + and - wires, the other wires would go in near the bypass toggle switch.

Arachnid.jpg
At the top of this board you can find + and -. the bottom is in, gnd, sw, and out.

I know it is not rocket science, but figuring out how to get it to work for positive ground circuits might be a good addendum in the build doc.

The board is even labelled, making it that much easier. And the traces that you can see on the board are pretty easy to interpret. I have one of these but haven't used it yet.

View attachment 20040

The blue part near the power jack are where you would put the + and - wires, the other wires would go in near the bypass toggle switch.

View attachment 20041
At the top of this board you can find + and -. the bottom is in, gnd, sw, and out.

So I'm just now realizing my auditorium test board does not look like the one pictured. there isn't a spot for the switch to fit. There's room for the I/O, power jack, one blue part behind the power jack, then I'm not sure what do to

Attachments

• auditorium board.jpg
    auditorium board.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 55
Thaaaat's why my count is off..... I send you the wrong board. 🤦‍♂️

That's the ProtoBoard, not the Auditorium. You could still use it for the same purpose but it's not quite as straightforward.

I apologize, I'll get an Auditorium shipped out to you today.
Inventory off by one? lol, responded to the pm

Thaaaat's why my count is off..... I send you the wrong board. 🤦‍♂️

That's the ProtoBoard, not the Auditorium. You could still use it for the same purpose but it's not quite as straightforward.

I apologize, I'll get an Auditorium shipped out to you today.
That’s what bob ross would call a happy mistake at least for @lushhush

• Haha
Reactions: fig
Back