Is there such a thing as a “pitch conversion socket”?

Caldo71

I think the answer is “NO”, but I wanted to ask just in case.

An example to make my question more clear:
  • The pitch between pads for the potentiometers on a PedalPCB build is 5mm.
  • I’m hoping to turn a lot of those tone controls etc into tiny internal trim pots instead.
  • Those trimmer resistors have a much smaller pitch.
  • I could make those connections happen with little solid core jumper wires and some needle nose plier finegeling, but it would feel a bit sloppy and less solid to me…I prefer a clean build.
  • So the “dream solution” would be some kind of socket or small conversion board to take the pitch way down.
Is this even “a thing” or do I just have to McGyver it?

I've actually wanted something like this. 16mm > 9mm pot adapters are pretty common, but I dont see 16mm > Trim Pot adapters too often.

Something like this? If so, lets do it. :)

View attachment 21736
Oh, HELL YES!!! That would be magic! The Bourns resistors I’m planning on using (on their way to me) look to have only THREE legs in a triangular configuration…not sure what the extra holes you drew out there are for, or if it even matters, just due to my inexperience. Please advise ;-)

The extra holes are so you can use three different types of trimpots.

Which part do you plan to use? I'll make sure the spacing is correct for them.

RM-065_6.jpg
3362P_38.jpg
trimmer_potentiometer_top_adj_14.jpg

I've actually wanted something like this. 16mm > 9mm pot adapters are pretty common, but I dont see 16mm > Trim Pot adapters too often.

Something like this? If so, lets do it. :)

View attachment 21736

Other than being an idiot and not realizing that the 3662P would have to be installed over the 16mm pot headers my last 16-9s did this 😛

Attachments

• 8C774B95-E4E9-40DA-9C30-3B712A984F80.jpeg
    8C774B95-E4E9-40DA-9C30-3B712A984F80.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 18
This part would still be really cool, but just so you guys can see it, it IS possible to use those tiny Bourns pots on 5mm pitched pads, and keep them surprisingly flush to the board. So long as you gently splay out their tiny wire leads with your needlenose pliers and feed ‘em through. I mean I feel like they look cleaner than I’d expected ‘em to?

Attachments

• 521EFE5C-2CD2-45BF-B90B-39064B438510.jpeg
    521EFE5C-2CD2-45BF-B90B-39064B438510.jpeg
    881.9 KB · Views: 8
Back