DEMO Its all a Daydream (BuggFx Daydream Delay)

This post contains an audio or video demo

steviejr92

Authorized Vendor
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
First off im going to say this pedal is nothing like any other pedal ive experienced. I read @Robert relating this pedal to fairy dust :ROFLMAO: which i think it a fairly accurate description of what this sounds like. Its by far the most unique pedal i currently have in my arsenal!

The build itself was incredibly smooth. I just had to put a couple caps in parallel to make up for some values here and there. I also had to sub R15 with a 18k resistor i ran out of them! The pedal functions fine and sounds the same as the demos ive heard of it. I also should mention this is my first time ever soldering an Fv-1. It was surprisingly simple once you get the 1st and last pin soldered down. Thanks to @MichaelW for providing a guide on how he does it. I pretty much followed it and it let me to success! Something i should mention is if you use the on/off/on spdt switch then be prepared for it to do nothing in the middle position. I went to test the pedal to see if it was working and i was completely bummed when it did nothing but the vol was working. I thought i ruined the Fv-1 when soldering. Then i put the switch to the up position it it immediately came to life!

Fairy dust.....ever since i read it, its how i hear it now....:ROFLMAO: I mean honestly i would love to put up a demo just so you guys can here this thing in action. I have plans on doing so maybe tomorrow! Its amazing the extent to which you can push it to. Itll start doing some wild stuff with all the controls cranked. Im going to be messing with it today!

5 out 5 for me! The build wasnt too challenging other than the SMD soldering but that was the fun part! Its a very rewarding build especially when you hear what it can do!

IMG-1062.jpg

IMG-1063.jpg

IMG-1064.jpg

IMG-1065.jpg

Last edited:
I think you should go for it! Its a definitely a unique pedal. Im starting to really take an interest on the Fv-1 circuits they do some incredible things.

First off im going to say this pedal is nothing like any other pedal ive experienced. I read @Robert relating this pedal to fairy dust :ROFLMAO: which i think it a fairly accurate description of what this sounds like. Its by far the most unique pedal i currently have in my arsenal!

The build itself was incredibly smooth. I just had to put a couple caps in parallel to make up for some values here and there. I also had to sub R15 with a 18k resistor i ran out of them! The pedal functions fine and sounds the same as the demos ive heard of it. I also should mention this is my first time ever soldering an Fv-1. It was surprisingly simple once you get the 1st and last pin soldered down. Thanks to @MichaelW for providing a guide on how he does it. I pretty much followed it and it let me to success! Something i should mention is if you use the on/off/on spdt switch then be prepared for it to do nothing in the middle position. I went to test the pedal to see if it was working and i was completely bummed when it did nothing but the vol was working. I thought i ruined the Fv-1 when soldering. Then i put the switch to the up position it it immediately came to life!

Fairy dust.....ever since i read it, its how i hear it now....:ROFLMAO: I mean honestly i would love to put up a demo just so you guys can here this thing in action. I have plans on doing so maybe tomorrow! Its amazing the extent to which you can push it to. Itll start doing some wild stuff with all the controls cranked. Im going to be messing with it today!

5 out 5 for me! The build wasnt too challenging other than the SMD soldering but that was the fun part! Its a very rewarding build especially when you hear what it can do!

View attachment 36744

View attachment 36745

View attachment 36746

View attachment 36747
Dude, your graphics are looking super professional! Love it! It's a crazy fun pedal isn't it?

Dude, your graphics are looking super professional! Love it! It's a crazy fun pedal isn't it?
Thank you sooo much man! That means alot! This pedal is something else man im super excited now for the Hydra since it too is a Fv-1 based circuit! Im gonna have to stock up on these guys now but at 16 bucks a pop phewwww :ROFLMAO:

Thank you sooo much man! That means alot! This pedal is something else man im super excited now for the Hydra since it too is a Fv-1 based circuit! Im gonna have to stock up on these guys now but at 16 bucks a pop phewwww :ROFLMAO:
Ya but the Hydra is worth it for sure. Such an awesome delay. Definitely my favorite digital delay.

Really fantastic build! Your no-film designs are consistently super rad!

I ordered a daydream board immediately after seeing this build report when you first posted it— I’d been wishy washy about if I should build one or not, but you sold me on it!
Do you think the volume control is worth keeping? I’m planning on doing an alternative control layout, and it seems like I might be better off using a fixed resistor value for unity gain, and then making it a 4-knobber instead

Really fantastic build! Your no-film designs are consistently super rad!

I ordered a daydream board immediately after seeing this build report when you first posted it— I’d been wishy washy about if I should build one or not, but you sold me on it!
Do you think the volume control is worth keeping? I’m planning on doing an alternative control layout, and it seems like I might be better off using a fixed resistor value for unity gain, and then making it a 4-knobber instead
So in my opinion the boost function with the mode in the middle is absolutely mind blowing! Its really really really loud! But if im going to be honest i dont use it at all. I have other pedals with more flavor to do that for me. So i would totally try going your route if i were to rebuild this! If you do please let us know how it fairs!

Also too that vol knob is very active i barely keep mine at 12 o clock its just ridiculously loud!

Back