It's my PedalPCB-iversary. Tell me your fav pedal + build tip.

It's cool seeing the varied cross section of fave boards. For me it's the Deflector. I'm not even a reverb guy and I HATE spring reverb but this thing does it in spades when you need BIG reverb or cool pad/sound washes. It's been on my board since mid-2020. Malificent Mids is a total sleeper secret weapon. Organ Donor was a waste of time for me but I lent it to a pal that thinks it's the coolest thing ever and uses it to great effect with a Leslie type thing after it.

Best tip I can think of is to spend the (cheap) money on a countersink bit. Chuck it up in a power drill (better than a drill press) and ream out all your drill holes from the front and any you can get to the backside of. Your pots and switches will thank you for it and it makes hole edges much easier to deal with for decals.

Only one I have built so far is a Caesar. It’s great. Got a bunch of new boards coming tomorrow hopefully.

Tip: get yourself a pair of 90 degree offset needle nose Pliers. So useful for grabbing things.

Attachments

• BFC23E57-3495-4F34-86A3-7D77B9D6B86F.jpeg
    BFC23E57-3495-4F34-86A3-7D77B9D6B86F.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 5
Magnetron has to be my fav and although im not that into modulation im really liking the Pendulum. Hasnt left my board

Tips: cheap ebay secateurs are very handy with wiring, its also great they can lock together if needed. Spare pot condoms and the extra washers (from tayda) that fit the 6mm and 6.35mm alpha pots are helpful to have on hand too, the washer for switches are good to get too. You wont have to deal with that little indent on the washers anymore (again available from tayda).

A lot of new stuff has come down the pipe from PedalPCB since this thread was first activated, two years ago — SO I reckon it was in need of a refresher.

I'm finishing up a Dirt Dauber build and loving it.

Incredibly low parts count for what it is/does and there's nothing weird or exotic to find, so it's an easy and a quick build.

Very satisfying after being stumped or stymied on more exotic or complex builds of late.

Loving the Duocast, the Squidward, the Carbon Black Fuzz, the Organizer and the Gravitation. Those are the ones I'm having fun with at the moment.
My favorites must be the Low Tide Modulator, the Spatialist and the Dark Rift Delay, which all became mainstays.
Next on the list are a Minnow, a Pitch Witch and an Informant Overdrive. Really curious about those.

Tip : take time, don't hurry, especially when you're building a Stockade or a Parentheses ;). And learn to unsolder by training yourself on circuits that are lost anyway so you don't destroy the aforementioned circuits by aiming at unsoldering anything that is not on the right side of the board.

Next tip : avoid "THE" European brand that's cheap if you live in Europe like me (you know who). I think he's trying to invade Australia these days. So many circuits that will drive you nuts on there (errors in the circuits, in the values, in the schematics, everywhere potentially). At least so many PCBs that drove ME nuts on there. But they're good lost PCBs to train yourself to unsolder. Just expensive lost PCBs, dammit!

Was more than pleased to meet you, Mr PedalPCB! You do a much better job.

Learning everything from you all on here. Many thanks to all of you for the knowledge. I should have read more before the Stockade. And the Parentheses. Now, let me see that Muffin Factory (will read before building to avoid obvious mistakes this time)...

Last edited:
Back