JWST

You’d think they could bend it back towards us so we could get a glimpse of this neighborhood roughly 9 billion yrs ago (round trip napkin math). Oh wait, that’s in the next major revision release.

These pics remind me of a particular humid and moldy Georgia summer when I was a teenager...

The similarities between the solar system and the orbit of electrons in an atom sent me on a bit of an awakening "experience" ... of course that led to an intense discussion about whether Adam was a typo. Good times, good times.

These pics remind me of a particular humid and moldy Georgia summer when I was a teenager...

The similarities between the solar system and the orbit of electrons in an atom sent me on a bit of an awakening "experience" ... of course that led to an intense discussion about whether Adam was a typo. Good times, good times.

Sounds an awful like a certain sensory experience I had in an Upstate NY apple orchard circa 2001....

And I thought I was the only one having those trips… the Atoms/planets really shook my teenage years. In a good way.

Life changing to be honest. You don't forget that sort of thing.

I've always imagined an animated sequence where you start from a distant view of Earth (or any other planet) and quickly zoom in until you're looking at individual atoms, focusing onto a single electron, continuing in until the whole thing essentially repeats endlessly.

If you can imagine this happening in all directions simultaneously, and including every single atom in universe it's a bit mind blowing... granted it's was always a bit harder to envision the big picture the following day. (and it's not the sort of thing you can exactly "write down")

Photos like this confirm (to me at least) that this was more than just a silly idea, and your mind really does open up beyond the boundaries of what we call "reality" ...

I'm too old for this now, I don't think I could handle it. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Nova, Aldo Nova, Also Nova...

The Chev Nova didn't sell well in Latin-American countries, "no va" translated back to English "doesn't go".

Yes, miscellaneous ramblings as I'm at a loss for proper words to respond adequately to the JWST images.

Back