King of Tone not King of Tone-ing

shake__appral

Second go at the Paragon (King of Tone build)… the first build I had some issues with the trimmers and things got messy desoldering. So… second time around, it’s passing signal and LED turns on, but no sound when pedal is engaged. Anyone see anything obvious of where I’m fucking up here?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 69
I have updated the Picture to current Paragon PCB which shake_appral has & he has C10 correct!
It should be noted that some of the Older PCB's are first drafts on the site & don't match current PCB Available.
Always go by what's on the PCB Board!
Yeah interesting fuck up there! Got me worried so I socketed it and tried it both ways.

Ok now I’m pissed… corrected output wiring so input/output are correct, reflowed all my wiring (and most of my joints), replaced fucked up trim pot. Any other ideas for troubleshooting this thing before I pull my hair out or trash this mf? I double checked all my caps and MADE SURE all my resistors were in order. Even added sockets just in case the 10u cap was backwards… damn this sucks. I thought maybe the IC’s were bad and even swapped those out. Kinda at a loss with this for now. Gonna have to build a Muff to get my head right lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    526 KB · Views: 12
Ok now I’m pissed… corrected output wiring so input/output are correct, reflowed all my wiring (and most of my joints), replaced fucked up trim pot. Any other ideas for troubleshooting this thing before I pull my hair out or trash this mf? I double checked all my caps and MADE SURE all my resistors were in order. Even added sockets just in case the 10u cap was backwards… damn this sucks. I thought maybe the IC’s were bad and even swapped those out. Kinda at a loss with this for now. Gonna have to build a Muff to get my head right lol.
Your middle picture shows White wire going to Ground???
I suppose that's OK if your Input is still the same on PCB?, just confusing.

My question to you is how many Components have been swapped out on the PCB ?
Everytime you do this, you run the risk of damaging a Pad & Trace.

My question to you is how many Components have been swapped out on the PCB ?
Everytime you do this, you run the risk of damaging a Pad & Trace.
Yeah I swapped the wire on the input jack rather than risking overheating the pads, so yeah it is a little confusing. The only parts that have been swapped is the trim pot and the 10u debacle, which I just pulled out and put in a socket instead. Oh and I also removed the 9-pin, but I had this soldered in weird so it wasn’t a traumatic desoldering, I think the board is fine, I’m thinking there’s a dead part somewhere or idk I’m at a loss. I’ve gotten away with way worse soldering, so I really don’t think it’s that and I reflowed all my joints.

I’ll read the post about audio probing, I’m waiting on a new multimeter so I guess this one is going on the shelf until then. Bummer!

Back