Kliche mini and Pauper

Do y'all think the Kliche mini and the Pauper will fit in a 1590BB enclosure? Or should I go with a 1590xx? It is a custom build for a buddy.

Laid it out yet?

I've taken 2 1590N1-sized PCBs and tried to fit them in a 1590BB. They didn't fit.

Some narrower PCBs sort of almost fit, they went inside the enclosure, but then the adjacent knobs from one PCB to the other would be too close together on the face of the pedal.

If only the 1590BB was a smidge bigger, 132mm it would work for dual "1590N1" builds.

I'd say the K-mini and Pauper are "full-size" 1590N1 builds and you're best off with an XX:

1590N1 — 121 x 66 x 35 mm

1590BB — 118.6 x 93.5 x 30 mm (`1590BB2 is 34mm H)

1590XX — 145 x 121 x 35 mm

The Length of N1 perfectly matches the width of an XX while the latter's length accommodates the width of two N1s with some wiggle room.

While I'm at it here's a couple more, for good measure...
1590B2 — 112 x 60 x 34 mm
1590B3 — 116 x 77 x 34 mm

The B3 is great for adding an extra mod / control or two to a 1590B or 1590N1 build, but not duallies...

If you go to Hammond's website there are extremely helpful charts with all the sizes, making for easy comparison/planning.

Some hidden gems not oft used in pedal-building include 1590Q (square that matches the BB Length, and 1590Y — great for dual 1590A builds.

1590xx will be the way to go with those two, 1590bb wouldn’t fit. 1590xx is like 2 125Bs side by side. 1590bb sideways is not tall enough to fit the boards and stomp sw. it may not be wide enough for the 2 boards to fit next to each other either.

Would be cool to see if that works, let us know how it goes.
I deleted my original comment because I’m not sure it’s 100% applicable to the Kliche and paragon because this might only be possible because of the blue protein allowing room for jacks but I’ll be sure to post a good build report

Hey, thanks guys. Lots of good info for sure! I took some measurements and I'm not gonna try it in a 1590BB. I'm still new at pedal building with about a dozen builds under my belt.

So, I needed to order a few things and SmallBear was the only place that had this one part I was looking for, so I opted for their 1790 enclosure. It's just a few millimeters different from a 1590xx. I'll post some pics when I get further into the build.

All 3 enclosures are drilled. Couldn't use my drill press. The 1790 enclosure was too big for the 4-in vise. Had to handle it with a step bit. It's not perfect but it'll work. And all three will have an order switch. I started painting today regardless of the 80% humidity. Threw a couple coats of primer on it and taped off half of it. Then threw a couple coats of purple for the POT. Once that completely dries then I'll tape off the purple and paint The other side gold for the Klon. I didn't get any purple pics.

Last edited:
Back