Kliche Mini problem

Michi1590

Hey Guys,

i finished my second pedal from pedalpcb, the kliche mini.
Now i have some problem with the circuit. The pedal is working in its standard function. So switch on/off is working. Also tone & volume control is fine. But the circuit itself doesnt work. The Gain control nearly doesnt change the sound. No distortion at all. In my opinion the sound gets a bit thicker when i activate the pedal, but very minimal.

Can anybody help me pls.

Greetings, Michael

Can't remember if power was on or off but this picture should explain it. Hopefully I was testing correct. Turning the knob obviously changed the resistance of the middle pin, but the overall resistance on the outer pin was extremely low. Both sets of pins tested 100K out of circuit.

Attachments

• DualPot.JPG
    DualPot.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 23
If the power was on then all bets are off.
There is a 1.5K resistor (R6) in parallel with the Clean side of the GAIN pot, so the 1.5K measurement is to be expected. The Dirty side of the GAIN pot connects to the inputs of IC1.2 thru a 2K (R9) and 15K (R10) resistor. When the power is off, IC2 is not an opamp any more, it's just a jumble of resistors, transistors and diodes. The 35K reading is plausible. Bottom line: measuring and interpreting resistance in-circuit requires looking at the schematic and evaluating the circuit.

Can we get on with the audio probing now?

Back