SOLVED Lead Solder 16mm right angle pcb mounted Potentiometer

Big Cheese

Having some issues test fitting some components before starting my build. Using alpha 16mm right angle pcb mounted pots, and while test fitting them into the enclosure i've run into some issues with the fitment. I have followed the drilling template, and have completed quiet a few builds in the last couple years however this is my first time running into this issue. The legs on the Pots seem to be too long to the point where it is not sitting flush with the pot above.

This is quiet frustrating, as the C25k pot was a PITA to source. as I said above, I have followed the drilling template to a T. The legs are also preventing the SPDT ON-ON switch for depth from sitting flush and makes contact with said legs. Some electrical tape will help preventing a short, but Im at a standstill with the non fitting pots. I've only seen one other thread about this pedal, with no one else running into this issue. Any suggestions? image1.jpeg

Any chance you didn't print your drill template at 100% full size (like maybe you selected "zoom to fit" or something instead of "print at 100%")?

It's the standard PedalPCB 6-knob layout but with one extra hole for the "Deep" switch, so unless you were working off of an inaccurate drill template, it should absolutely fit.

If you want to save this enclosure, you can probably drill your holes out one more size up (probably 8mm) and that should give you wiggle room for fitment issues while still fitting cleanly under a washer.

Any chance you didn't print your drill template at 100% full size (like maybe you selected "zoom to fit" or something instead of "print at 100%")?

It's the standard PedalPCB 6-knob layout but with one extra hole for the "Deep" switch, so unless you were working off of an inaccurate drill template, it should absolutely fit.

If you want to save this enclosure, you can probably drill your holes out one more size up (probably 8mm) and that should give you wiggle room for fitment issues while still fitting cleanly under a washer.
This 👆

There should be 1” vertically between rows.

Back