Let's review footswitches.

Do you prefer a hard click, or a soft click?

• Total voters
Big ol thanks to @rmfx for their sacrifice!

I'm gonna start off by looking at the bottom of the barrel momentary switch, the Daier that can be had for under 2 bucks.

Please excuse stickman. He has a taste for the finer things in life, and thus is unable to see when something cheap is perfectly serviceable. He is also pretty jaded and curmudgeonly. He is also me.

IMG_20220210_111236__01.jpg

Crack 'er open!!!

IMG_20220210_111721_copy_1944x2592.jpg

Representational art is not stickman's forte. IMG_20220210_113208__01_copy_1760x2347.jpg
Stickman's handwriting is also pretty abysmal. He would like to tell anybody who points that out to eat a bag of dicks. Like I said, he grumpy.

Honestly, after opening this thing up, it's certainly serviceable as a momentary control. The contacts are beefy, the mechanism is simple enough.

If I was to judge with a critical eye: the one area that strikes me as a potential failure point is the plunger.

See, that black bit on the bottom of the plunger is plastic. Depending on the exact polymer used, that could range anywhere from "no big deal" to "brittle town, population: this thing".

Over time, after being exposed to multiple thousands of stomps, I imagine that would be the first bit to go. Either that, or the copper rivets that hold the assembly together would loosen and eventually fall out.

But...on the plus side, it's got one of the lightest springs out of the bunch, and I wouldn't think twice about throwing one of these in a pedal that wasn't meant to be stomped to hell.

Last edited:
Back