LM/V13700 Sourcing/Adapters?

I'm staring down two pretty easy builds right now that both need a few LM13700n's. Now, I know they've been discontinued and are on back order for years on Mouser and Digikey, but I just wanted to know how some of you guys deal with sourcing issues like this?

Do you just get on the wait list? Buy an expensive SMD adapter? Pay a fortune for the one's the hoarders bought?

Just wanted to hear some ideas. I'm kind of a budget builder and live in Canada, so sadly I don't have a whole lot of options but I'd love to hear some ideas... It seems like more and more companies are phasing out the thru-hole components and forgetting all about us hobbyists. =(

I'm staring down two pretty easy builds right now that both need a few LM13700n's. Now, I know they've been discontinued and are on back order for years on Mouser and Digikey, but I just wanted to know how some of you guys deal with sourcing issues like this?

Do you just get on the wait list? Buy an expensive SMD adapter? Pay a fortune for the one's the hoarders bought?

Just wanted to hear some ideas. I'm kind of a budget builder and live in Canada, so sadly I don't have a whole lot of options but I'd love to hear some ideas... It seems like more and more companies are phasing out the thru-hole components and forgetting all about us hobbyists. =(
I ordered one with some other parts from Musikding. Shipping is not super expensive, but I don't know the shipping time, since it shipped on Jan. 25.
As a fellow Canuck builder, I see it as a good occasion to get some other parts not readily available for us.

I ordered one with some other parts from Musikding. Shipping is not super expensive, but I don't know the shipping time, since I shipped on Jan. 25.
As a fellow Canuck builder, I see it as a good occasion to get some other parts not readily available for us.
Yeah, I usually try and find all my 'harder to find stuff' in one shot since it's usually coming from the US. I just haven't had a lot of luck finding the 13700. I've never used that site, but thanks for the link - hopefully they've got some left!

I buy most of my stuff from Tayda. They are generally the cheapest option, except this part, LOL.
Good call, also where I buy most of my stuff. I think I bought it from Musikding because I was already getting stuff from there, and answered above with the false assumption that it was sold out at Tayda too.

Good call, also where I buy most of my stuff. I think I bought it from Musikding because I was already getting stuff from there, and answered above with the false assumption that it was sold out at Tayda too.
I'm liking the Musikding option right now. I also need some FV-1, and they seem to have just about everything I need. Haven't checked out the shipping from UK though.

How did your order go?

:eek::ROFLMAO: Yeeeshhhhh. That will come out to $100 CAD for 10 of them and shipping. For sure the 'middle man' option.
If you're not in a hurry, the Thailand Post option is 5,45 USD, bringing it to a more reasonable 57 CAD.
With the other options, you'll probably have added fees on top (I know with DHL it's the case). Their old "economy" shipping was quite cheap and took habitually around 4 weeks to get here. It's my first order with the Thailand Post option, but it only shipped on Jan. 20, so I can account what are the current shipping times.

Sleuthy sleuth.

See, hunting rare ICs is like hunting rabbits.

You just gotta be quiet, let everyone know what you're doing, and act super shocked when you realize that your rifle barrel exploded cuz there's a carrot in it.

You'll get those bastards some day.

Back