Looking for an easy to use app on faceplate decals

hamerfan

I checked Freeform on ipad (bad quality and chances the sizes of the print!), Gimp (too complicated) and Powerpoint (I don‘t have MS Office on my private computer). I just want import the drilltemplate pdf, work on it, import pics and insert Text and print in the actual size.
Any suggestions for me others than inkscape?

I use Vectornator on the iPad.
Import the drill template pdf, import pics on separate layers (until I decide which I like best), add text on separate layers and print at 100%.
I typically print to waterslide and cut around the graphics/text, but I’ve done a few where a big picture covers the top of a 125B.

gimp is easy once you get the hang of it... there is a great pedal specific tutorial on youtube showing how to do it

gimp is easy once you get the hang of it... there is a great pedal specific tutorial on youtube showing how to do it
I will check it out. We had Gimp v1 on our company laptops for business use, but our IT did not upgrade to v2 - too many folks called our companys IT hotline, because they did not get along. So the IT folks ditched it.
I did a download yesterday on my private laptop and stuck after some minutes of work.

Last edited:
Gimp or Inkscape are great for free. Affinity Designer is great but costs, but works well on iPad with a pencil.

Back