Low Tide (Full Size) Oscillator problem

Jachiro

Hi. I recently put my Low Tide modulator and I'm having some pretty nasty trouble with it. I'm unable to get a proper wet signal. I have set the bias point of the V3207 BBD to a healthy 2.5V (1/2 of the 5V going to the VDD terminal). At this bias point I should get something on the output but I don't get a wet signal.

My settings for trying to bias the bbd is 100% depth, 100% volume, 100% Mix, 50% rate, 0% Gate, 0% Slew. Here are my observations on troubleshooting so far.

No wet signal at all. But when I turn the gate trimmer past halfway, I get a nasty loud oscillation at the output. If I move the gate trimmer back closer to zero, it goes away.

I am definitely getting a good signal past Q1, Q2, and I am getting an input at the BBD on pin3. At the output, I am getting an extremely distorted output on pins 7 and 8.

Right now, I have disconnected the MCP602 IC to help isolate any trouble with the randomizer part of the circuit on though the CD4046 PLL chip. I still get the distorted output at the BBD and the oscillator.

I could really use some advice on how to go forward with troubleshooting. I put this circuit together carefully and I have had numerous successful builds in the past, including a mini low tide (which I sold last year). I've already spent quite a few hours in solving this problem on my own, but I could really use some advice. Thank you so much in advance for any expertise. IMG_2189.jpg

Back