M800 Revised Build

music6000

M800 Latest Update : I revisited the pedal 2 days ago, https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/m800-overdrive.935/, as I had recently acquired some Genuine NOS Siliconix J201 with the Dot.
I removed the Fairchild J201's & replaced with the Siliconix J201's.
s-l500.jpg
I set them all to 4.5v except Q4 which has fixed voltage.
It worked instantly & Sounds better than before at 4.5V with even better sustain & more Headroom.
The Fairchild J201's had to be adjusted by ear as they were out of spec at 4.5v, remnants of what is left for the picking & the poor Receiver at the other end!
I have spoken to a few members that have been less than happy with their Build.

Chuck D. Bones has listed the specs that need to be measured to get maximum performance from the J201.

PedalPCB now offers the more stable SMD J201 & Adaptor Board pre soldered or as separate purchases.

This Pedal sounds Great but has to be with Genuine J201's that are in Spec with IDSS & VGS.

Last edited:
I've been least happy with mine, (sputterly/gated sound) , So you recommend
MMBFJ201 N-Channel JFET Transistor setup sold here on pedalpcb or the Siliconix J201 ?

Where can i get the Siliconix J201's from?

I've been least happy with mine, (sputterly/gated sound) , So you recommend
MMBFJ201 N-Channel JFET Transistor setup sold here on pedalpcb or the Siliconix J201 ?

Where can i get the Siliconix J201's from?
You are best going for the MMBFJ201 presoldered below @ PedalPCB, They were not available when I first built the Pedal.

You will also need to purchase Right Angle Male Header Pins. They are Cheap & available from most Electronics stores. You just cut what you need with your cutter plies. Just make sure the Spacing matches the Adaptor Board & PCB.

W7019792-01.jpg

You are best going for the MMBFJ201 presoldered below @ PedalPCB, They were not available when I first built the Pedal.

You will also need to purchase Right Angle Male Header Pins. They are Cheap & available from most Electronics stores. You just cut what you need with your cutter plies. Just make sure the Spacing matches the Adaptor Board & PCB.

View attachment 2170
I don't see these on tayda, do you know if they have them or not, only see female, sorry to be a pain

Back