Madbean Archibald

joelorigo

Here's my finished Archibald. I had been looking at this project almost since I started building pedals a few years ago. What prompted me to dive in was my brother in law getting a BK Butler Tube Driver back in December. He brought it over and I was really liking it so I decided to do it. When I was still waiting for some parts I went over and had another play with it and started getting really excited about building it. Then I took my finished Archibald over and we were able to compare them. On the Archibald Hi/Lo mode the sound almost the same. The BK Butler had a bit "throatier" mids that I couldn't seem to match with the Archibald, or dial out of his, but it was subtle. And he compared them for noise floor and the Archibald was quieter. So I was happy.

Looking at Sushi Box more seriously now!

Thanks for those who previously answered my questions in one of my usual "INSERT PEDAL NAME HERE Questions" thread.

Attachments

• IMG_6813.JPG
    IMG_6813.JPG
    607.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6814.JPG
    IMG_6814.JPG
    445.9 KB · Views: 27
OH, one thing I forgot to mention is that my brother in law's Tube Driver has the more expensive "Yugo" tube. One of the several things that could cause the slight difference in sound.

OH, one thing I forgot to mention is that my brother in law's Tube Driver has the more expensive "Yugo" tube. One of the several things that could cause the slight difference in sound.
Interesting, I hadn’t thought about that.

Back