MadBean Total Recall

I'm gonna haze ya a bit...cause it's fun! LOL!

So....I have to build yet another box for an already big enough box? :p

Also, you should see the underside of my pedalboard. One main power supply with another smaller power supply extension. A USB hub. A Source Audio hub. A 5-port patch bay along with a smaller 2-port through box. I've got a bit more room under there for some really small stuff...but probably not enough for an I/O box.

That said, if I really wanted to, I could use a power adapter that uses two 12v spots on a power supply to make one 24v connection...but that's two spots used up for one silly pedal. Nope!

Then again, I could just get another power supply extension. I'm using Voodoo power supplies and use one of their 4-port extensions...which could easily be used for this sort of thing. Super small and does a fine job. :D
I think you could get a Gigrig Electroman to convert 9V to 24V. It was designed specifically for the DMM.

I'm gonna haze ya a bit...cause it's fun! LOL!

So....I have to build yet another box for an already big enough box? :p

Also, you should see the underside of my pedalboard. One main power supply with another smaller power supply extension. A USB hub. A Source Audio hub. A 5-port patch bay along with a smaller 2-port through box. I've got a bit more room under there for some really small stuff...but probably not enough for an I/O box.

That said, if I really wanted to, I could use a power adapter that uses two 12v spots on a power supply to make one 24v connection...but that's two spots used up for one silly pedal. Nope!

Then again, I could just get another power supply extension. I'm using Voodoo power supplies and use one of their 4-port extensions...which could easily be used for this sort of thing. Super small and does a fine job. :D

All true. I just had the I/O Box idea on my brain because I was designing a small (1590B), compact I/O solution for my specific application.

Basically the 1590B I/O Box on my board will provide IEC Input, IEC Output, 24 vDC output and 2 regulated 18 vDC outputs to my smaller, non-isolated supplies. It was a convenient solution to having power strips and wall-warts, etc.

Reactions: fig
Speaking of pedalboards…I don’t use them. :ROFLMAO:
There are two things I always use though…
…a guitar and…..okay one thing.

Being a hobbyist is a weird thing sometimes. You can geek out and be very particular about certain things.

Like the planning and design aspects of PCBs, enclosures, etc. I get a big kick out of laying things out neat on the pedalboard, ziptie and mounts, etc. :ROFLMAO:

It also helps to not have to move the damn thing ever, as I've now gone back to the big board design...

Being a hobbyist is a weird thing sometimes. You can geek out and be very particular about certain things.

Like the planning and design aspects of PCBs, enclosures, etc. I get a big kick out of laying things out neat on the pedalboard, ziptie and mounts, etc. :ROFLMAO:

It also helps to not have to move the damn thing ever, as I've now gone back to the big board design...
Very well put sir. If we don’t pursue and caress our individual interests then who are we pleasing with our chosen hobby? I see the attraction to building a pedalboard, PSUs, guitars, synths, amps (built two), etc. and hope to pursue some of them one day as time permits.

The schedule you have the least control over in life is your own time. 🤷‍♂️

Oh come on Jeff, people will run 4 overdrives that are modded Tube Screamers all set to sound the same but sweat two taps to the run best analog delay made? If it's your sound you make sacrifices. How big a pedalboard are ya'll using? Does any one play guitar or just effects🤡 :ROFLMAO:
Touche touche! LOL!

Ditto here. I obsess about it. In fact, I'm fixing to rearrange my pedalboard...like for the 4th time in the past year alone. Why? Cause I'm not satisfied. I'm a mad scientist and I have to mess with things. It's what I do. I actually come from a keyboardist background so I sort of approach the guitar like it was a synthesizer. So, yeah, pedalboard never finished! :p

I went from a Strymon to Gigrig power supply and love it so far. The only down side is its impossible to get in Canada. Luckly I do a lot of work in Europe so always try and pick some bits up on my way through.
Am currently getting a generator bracket made up for my board to make it more appealing to my OCD.
Have been looking at their switchers too......... out of my budget and playing ability at themoment though.

Back