Madbeans Archibald Question(s)

I have hundreds of J201 JFETs from GuitarPCB. They are all genuine Fairchild devices. I ran every one of them across my Peak Atlas DCA75 and they're perfect. Right now, they're still on sale there at GuitarPCB. I just ordered another 50 today.

There Out of Stock now!

I have many ways to try this build out at 9v when I am done (that's right - in progress!), but I am having trouble finding a 12v center negative power supply. I have a 12v .7A center positive and a few reverse polarity adaptors to try, and one of the outputs on my PPP 3+ would work, but what's the deal with no one making a 12v center negative?

I have many ways to try this build out at 9v when I am done (that's right - in progress!), but I am having trouble finding a 12v center negative power supply. I have a 12v .7A center positive and a few reverse polarity adaptors to try, and one of the outputs on my PPP 3+ would work, but what's the deal with no one making a 12v center negative?

I just used a 12v Center Positive supply and used a jack built for that plug that I happened to have. (cant remember the designation) This keeps me from plugging in a standard pedal plug.

Also, I received a Tayda order with parts for the Archibald. First time I've used 9mm pots. I see 2 extra pins on the sides compared to the 16mm. Are these for soldering also? Is there any signal in them?

Also, I received a Tayda order with parts for the Archibald. First time I've used 9mm pots. I see 2 extra pins on the sides compared to the 16mm. Are these for soldering also? Is there any signal in them?
Stabilization legs on the sides. Some do, some don’t. You can do it and see how you like it.

I just used a 12v Center Positive supply and used a jack built for that plug that I happened to have. (cant remember the designation) This keeps me from plugging in a standard pedal plug.
So you’re powering it with a center positive plug?

So you’re powering it with a center positive plug?
Don't worry, the power is going to the board properly.

I'm using a power adapter with a male plug that is larger, and has a thicker center pin than the standard 2.1mm 9V jack. the adapter is center positive, but I just wire it properly to the board.

They don't carry any signal, they're just there to make life easier.

Don't worry, the power is going to the board properly.

I'm using a power adapter with a male plug that is larger, and has a thicker center pin than the standard 2.1mm 9V jack. the adapter is center positive, but I just wire it properly to the board.
I thought you could, I just haven’t had time to properly hash it out in my mind.

Back