(Magnetron Delay)i need a little help with a pedal im working with. 2 questions.

Crispy

#1,im wanting to put two Magnetron Delay PCB's in parallel in one enclosure and toggle them both on/off with a single foot switch , i figured out how to do it with a 4pdt but that would not leave any poles left for the LED i just want a single LED and could use some advice. #2, im wanting to add an FX loop on one of the Magnetron Delay's feedback to plug in a Pitch FX . the problem im having is i found three different places i want to add my loop they all do something different,i would like to have a rotary to toggle between them but ive been trying to figure out the wiring for that for months and cant wrap my mind around how to go about doing that , this is the Schematic, im wanting to insert my FX loop in either C3/C6/C7 using send/return buffers and a set of switched 1/4 inch jacks and be able to switch between them. i was hoping someone might be able to draw up a simple schematic showing me how to wire up my different ideas. thank you for any help .

1691003408890.png

Last edited:
im thinking it may be easiest if i just get rid of the rotary alltogether and simply hook up the three FX loops with three sets of switched 1/4 inch jacks and plug my FX into the jacks im wanting.

Trying to wrap my brain around how you could do the rotary.

I checked out GPCB's Roto-tone and 3P4T and other configs. Getting the Rotary to select between 3 points with the FX-Loop jacks seems no problem, but getting the capacitors for C3, C6 and C7 in and out of play while twisting the rotary is what's doing my head in.

I was thinking having a 4th position that turns off the FX loop altogether would be good.

Found this 4P3T diagram here:
4p3t-selector-png.814624

Maybe with one of those multi-layer rotaries? Obvious space constraints aside:

4126a5d1873ce6c98e4609d856b112e6.jpg

Trying to wrap my brain around how you could do the rotary.

I checked out GPCB's Roto-tone and 3P4T and other configs. Getting the Rotary to select between 3 points with the FX-Loop jacks seems no problem, but getting the capacitors for C3, C6 and C7 in and out of play while twisting the rotary is what's doing my head in.

I was thinking having a 4th position that turns off the FX loop altogether would be good.

Found this 4P3T diagram here:
4p3t-selector-png.814624

Maybe with one of those multi-layer rotaries? Obvious space constraints aside:

4126a5d1873ce6c98e4609d856b112e6.jpg
Thank you so much for the help i was thinking i would not be able to achieve this idea and was going to just choose two of the three for my FX loop with a toggle , but after looking at this im going to look into using a rotary . thank you very much for the input i appreciate the help.

Back