DEMO Magnetron Delay (Keeley Magnetic Echo)

This post contains an audio or video demo

owlexifry

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Always liked the mad prof deep blue delay (seabed delay), it’s been on my board since i built it.

until today.

IMG_2577.jpeg

hot damn, the added modulation controls just makes this a clear step above a three-knobber.
yeah its still got the lofi qualities of the PT2399, but tbh i love how this sounds for such an easy and economical build.
should’ve tried this one sooner tbh.
highly recommend.

IMG_2574.jpeg

IMG_2581.jpeg

One thing I would criticize, it's definitely no issue, but it feels like the modulation depth control (linear) doesn't really do much until 2o'clock or more. maybe that's intended to bring in a very subtle amount at a lower intensity (depth) range, but in the higher intensity range it feels like there's comparably less travel. or maybe im just a modulation fiend.

I like the disaster transport a lot, out of the pt2399 stuff, because the modulation on the tails can be on a switch and you can adjust the rate and depth, it can get pretty spooky if you want. And pt2399 delays are fun to put an adjustable momentary feed back mod on,

Looks great and love the demo! The sea machine is a good bag of weird
useable weird? or just fun weird? I enjoy a bit of chorus, even for some high gain clown behaviour

I like the disaster transport a lot, out of the pt2399 stuff, because the modulation on the tails can be on a switch and you can adjust the rate and depth, it can get pretty spooky if you want. And pt2399 delays are fun to put an adjustable momentary feed back mod on,
had a look but it appears only 4-knob Jr version PCB available (cataclysm delay) but the full size 6-knob one looks awesome

useable weird? or just fun weird? I enjoy a bit of chorus, even for some high gain clown behaviour

had a look but it appears only 4-knob Jr version PCB available (cataclysm delay) but the full size 6-knob one looks awesome
You could probably mod the cataclysm but effects layout gatekeeper is the Disaster Transport

cheers \m/

what else is good for a PT2399?

these are looking pretty tempting..
I don't know about the Seahorse, but the Pitch Witch is all kinds of weird too. It's fun one, but I'd call it more of a special effects pedal. It does give you the ability to blend in your dry signal, so you can use it subtly, but I don't feel like it wants to be played that way.

i love my magnetron, one of my favorites so far. the modulation sounds awesome, it really does feel like a proper tape warble (to the degree that it can).

love the enclosure and thanks for a great demo!

A little bit of a and a lotta bit of b.
I don't know about the Seahorse, but the Pitch Witch is all kinds of weird too. It's fun one, but I'd call it more of a special effects pedal. It does give you the ability to blend in your dry signal, so you can use it subtly, but I don't feel like it wants to be played that way.

on second thought, perhaps these are not for me 😅
1710896667979.png

i love my magnetron, one of my favorites so far. the modulation sounds awesome, it really does feel like a proper tape warble (to the degree that it can).

love the enclosure and thanks for a great demo!
heck yeah, im all about that modulation!
thanks - tayda matte army green is always a win

the enclosures are what interests me least about the whole thing.
I get it man -- It's stressful enough plugging it in and praying it works -- but before you can even do that you gotta make it pretty. I must have 6 or 8 completed boards on my bench waiting for graphics and an enclosure.

ah i might try tayda then! i've been drilling my own from bare aluminum and just recently spray painted a few gold, but the enclosures are what interests me least about the whole thing.
same. tayda is a godsend for me. i hate painting. fumes, mess, and bs aside, i'm just not good at it.
powdercoating is superior, and an enclosure from tayda costs less than literally anywhere else in the world. it's a no brainer.

Back