Mini Heterodyne Receiver build

HybrisBehemoth

Just made a design for the mini heterodyne receiver (which I am yet to build since I lack a few parts). I´m not sure if the labels on the switches are correct though (the labels on the toggle switches for root and the table for the rotary switches which I got from the EQD original). Can anyone who has built this one confirm?

Heterodyne Receiver lowDPI.png

If you like it, feel free to use the design.

I'll have to review the schematic to be sure the Root toggle switch is correct, but everything else appears to be in the correct spot.

The only "issue" I see is that the rotary switches don't do 360 degree rotation like your labels. (see image)
MiniRotary-Data-1-510x510.jpg

Just made a design for the mini heterodyne receiver (which I am yet to build since I lack a few parts). I´m not sure if the labels on the switches are correct though (the labels on the toggle switches for root and the table for the rotary switches which I got from the EQD original). Can anyone who has built this one confirm?

View attachment 2327

If you like it, feel free to use the design.
Your Rotary switch is correct with 45 degrees between Markers, it will start at 1 & rotate to 8.
As PedalPCB noted, you will have to turn Anti Clockwise to get back to 1.
Technically or OCD, It would be Symmetrical if you rotated the numbers Clockwise 22.5 degrees.
It is a Solid Splined Shaft but you can use a standard 1/4'' Knob if you use a Brass sleeve like this or 6mm knob :

6mm Splined Conversion.jpg

When your Graphic is at correct size, it is difficult to read the small print labelling.
By reducing the thickness of the Black Border, you can increase the font size of the Rotary numbers and move them out slightly so they don't foul on the knob size.
I would move the ROOT labels to the bottom to give you more space also.
Do a dummy run with washers & Knobs to make sure they clear the labelling.

Cheers music6000

Thanks for the feedback!
It is definitely going to very cluttered when done. Hard to cram all that text into the surface of a 125B. I hesitate when it comes to the numbers on the rotary switches and the table. But then again I would really want that info when using the pedal.
I sprayed the sides of the enclosure grey and left a white rectangle on top, so the scan of that paintjob is the basis for the border for the transfer.

Did some more designs (I´m finishing a batch of enclosures before building). These are for the Kaleidoscope and Leprechaun. I´m not 100% sure about the placing of the labels on the Kaleidoscope. Feedback appreciated!

Kaleidoscope - Daydream 200dpi.png

Leprechaun 200dpi.png

Thanks for the feedback!
It is definitely going to very cluttered when done. Hard to cram all that text into the surface of a 125B. I hesitate when it comes to the numbers on the rotary switches and the table. But then again I would really want that info when using the pedal.
I sprayed the sides of the enclosure grey and left a white rectangle on top, so the scan of that paintjob is the basis for the border for the transfer.

Did some more designs (I´m finishing a batch of enclosures before building). These are for the Kaleidoscope and Leprechaun. I´m not 100% sure about the placing of the labels on the Kaleidoscope. Feedback appreciated!

View attachment 2337

View attachment 2336
Are you using Photoshop or illustrator. With this type of Font, You need to open up the letter spacing and use a White or Darker outline colour.
When it is at correct size, its too congested.

Your Rotary switch is correct with 45 degrees between Markers, it will start at 1 & rotate to 8.
As PedalPCB noted, you will have to turn Anti Clockwise to get back to 1.
Technically or OCD, It would be Symmetrical if you rotated the numbers Clockwise 22.5 degrees.
It is a Solid Splined Shaft but you can use a standard 1/4'' Knob if you use a Brass sleeve like this or 6mm knob :

View attachment 2332

Where are these brass sleeves available?

Thanks!

Remember to add Plastic Insert if using Split Shaft or you can snap splines off :
6mm Splined Conversion.jpg

Thanks for the feedback!

View attachment 2337
Here's a Sample to make your Graphic stand out a little Better.
Just with Brightness reduced & Contrast added.

Kaleidoscope - Daydream 200dpi.jpg

Back