Minnow w/ some minor tweaks

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
For a while, this circuit was my favorite envelope filter, until I discovered the joys of the Agent 00Funk and Mu-Tron III. I still really love this one for its stabby aggressive band pass filtering, but I'm an LPF kinda gal these days. The Sample & Hold feature is pretty nifty, but not something I could ever really get to work with my playstyle.

This particular board Was supposed to be a part of this multi, with some fun integrations with the Circulator, but I didn't like that it completely neutered the Captain Bit.

Anyway, a few minor tweaks-
  • R7 & R8 lowered to 10k to allow more current from the peak detector and lfo to reach the OTA
  • C3 increased to 10n, C24 increased to 33n to fatten up the filter
  • IC1 is a 1458, because I like it's response in peak detectors
  • IC2 is a TL022 because that's what I grabbed
  • Q3 is an MPSA13 (socketed) because it was the noisiest transistor I had, and I tried dozens
  • Sens / Filter is 50kC, with a 10k between pin 1 and ground to even out the rotation a bit

Now, it can do it's funky quacky thang and get into some growling, shaky synth timbres, and has a much wider usable range from the Sens, Atk, and Dec pots

(Demo incoming)

1000018704.jpg
1000018694.jpg

Overall, I like it. Though, it's not as fat sounding as I like my envelope filters to be. The S&H is fun, but not something I'd personally use much, if at all.

As always, a wonderful layout and simple build. Recommended for fans of quack

Last edited:
Back