Mentaltossflycoon
Well-known member
If you have too many moist boys, you're gonna have some swamp ass.
Cool, thanks for confirming. I got some conflicting info about grounding on these guys. I am using lock washers on the inside to get a nice solid ground like I do on tube amps. I figured the extra ground for the output was for flexibility in case of isolated jacks. I took the wire off and its still grounded at that point, but now with no loop!Aluminum enclosures are plenty conductive enough that the output jack grounds through attachment to the enclosure, so long as there's no insulator, e.g., paint or powder coat, to break the connection. Just tighten their hex nuts down nice and snug, and there are no issues. Also, I frequently use Stompbox Parts jacks, which have little spikey probes on them that poke through any paint or powder coat to get a solid electrical connection into the enclosure's aluminum. If you look around, you'll see that I'm far from the only person who considers wiring the output jack to ground optional.
I'm not an EE, I'm a dipshit with a soldering iron, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But I have learned from studying the comments of actually knowledgeable folks, like @Chuck D. Bones, that the concerns I used to have about ground loops in pedals were misplaced. My understanding is that any ground loops within a pedal are likely to be too small to cause I problem. I stopped worrying about them many pedals ago, and sure enough, I've had no problems.
I wasn't aware of that band, but I'm not surprised the phrase has been used as a band name. Every clever phrase in the English language has 5 or more bands using it. I'm halfway through the first song and its, uh... not my style. I do know someone who I can send it to that will love it though! Now to check out GISM?you should listen to moistboyz when you build it