Mojito build Report ‘22

Dan0h

Here some fresh fodder for the IAIGF crew… the extra long wires should give some tingles.

First build of 2022, I know I said I was going to focus on playing in ‘22… but then there was a contest and a free board and …. So this one is pretty rad. I have never played a pedal that sounds like this before. Not sure if it’s the magic diodes I got in the mail from Chuck or if it’s just a really cool circuit (both) but this thing is pretty epic. It’s like a high gain transparent thing. Super crisp clean and has really good harmonics that cut through. But also cleans up a shit ton, Very diverse and tweak-able controls. Oh and it’s loud as fuck. Unity is around 1… looking forward to spending some cranked time with this one. Cheers.
71FF49A2-16AE-4686-852A-C4DDDD2E004D.jpeg
FC56C1A6-4FA1-4AA7-8750-3FE069569DF5.jpeg
C3F88C8E-6BF1-4366-91F0-975CBC58B288.jpeg

After being able to play it loud:
If you want one pedal that can go from clean preamp with eq to tube screamer to high gain EVH stuff and also touch on some faux fuzz this is your Swiss Army knife. It’s crazy you can get so many styles out of a single circuit. I know everyone’s chain and setup is different but for my setup the mid low end of this pedal is so tasty. It’s going on my board.

It's a powerful drive, give it some juice on the demo please 😉

magic diodes you say? I'm tinking on making a magic diode earring wit de ferrite beads. I can hang me head high at the next geek-together.

Nice build! Bjorn Juhl deserves 95% of the credit. I took an already great circuit and kicked it up a notch.

Which JFETs did you use?

Yeah, you should be, those are primo. :cool:
I used MPF4393s in the ones I've built. Same electrical specs as the 2N parts. The 2N4393 is packaged in a metal can with glass seals. I have some vintage ones I collected in 1975. The loose ones are 2N4393; the ones sealed in packages are 2N4391. The date code on the one in the tester is from the 39th week of 1967.

2N4393 stash 01.jpg

2N4393 test 01.jpg

Back