SOLVED Moonshot rate LED not work

FangZhou

New member
Hi guys, this is my first troubleshooting question. Built the Moonshot and love the sound, it works fine but only the top rate LED doesn't. When it is connected to power, the LDR LED works, and if I connect the multimeter to check the rate LED then it works with LDR LED like it should, but without multimeter it doesn't. What's the issue? Thanks in advance.
 
yeah that's my first thought and I resolder the LED but nothing changed.
In fact I just found the reason. Before this case I always use a home made battery clip to DC power plug to connect to pedal's DC input for test, then I don't need to connect the DC adaptor every single time. In this case I found it's the battery low, which measured at 8.0V that couldn't light up the rate LED. Then I tried another battery which is 8.5V, the rate LED worked but it's very dark. Using a DC adaptor solved everything because it measured at 9.4V.
But it seems the 8V power doesn't affect the sound, only the rate LED.
 
Back
Top