Mu-Tron Octave Divider

fontoponto

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Based on the fine BYOC schematics I built a Mu-Tron Octave Divider. The only thing that bothered me was the bass being low in volume. In this forum I found the R16/17 mod. Other than that the stock values are just fine (in my opinion).
Because of the squeezed parts one knob is almost touching one toggle switch and the LEDs could be placed further up.
At first I wanted to do a pcb for a BB enclosure then a stacked version in N1/125B but I was encouraged in another forum to just squeeze it in :)
I knew from the Swarm/Flock that the CMOS IC are always longer than the socket to I kept a small distance to other parts.
The first version was not working correctly because of missing V- supply in the opamps. I hooked them up to GND and used a flying wire afterwards. You can compare everything a thousand times but the one little… The notes especially point that out in „1.“. Wasted time with threads asking for help and reordering etc.
But now it’s finished without flying wired and I like it! Almost double the costs but we don’t do it to to save money, right?

IMG_7106.jpeg IMG_7112.jpeg

Back