Muzzle build doc?

Right on, yeah that's the thing I was questioning about it. I may just finish my builds without the key input anyway. Not really sure how useful it'll be for guitar rigs anyway.

Right on, yeah that's the thing I was questioning about it. I may just finish my builds without the key input anyway. Not really sure how useful it'll be for guitar rigs anyway.
I am in the middle of building this one and after playing a Zuul, I would say the key input is essential if you are looking for (near) complete silence throughout the chain. It allows you to use your clean signal from the guitar to set the threshold as well as act as a gate in the loop. It made my Thrasher completely silent.

Build docs are now available, sorry for the delay but I wanted to make absolutely certain the positioning of the sidechain jack was correct.

https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/muzzle/

FWIW, I know the sidechain input is definitely a plus for high gain rigs, but it's still an excellent gate even without it.

The schematic in the build doc is nearly impossible to read, a little more resolution in the image will help for debug!

It looks like OA3 of the 4301 has a graphical error on the inputs. The pin numbers look right, for proper inverting-amp operation, but the inverting and noninverting symbols look swapped relative to the datasheet of the 4301. Is this correct?

It looks like OA3 of the 4301 has a graphical error on the inputs. The pin numbers look right, for proper inverting-amp operation, but the inverting and noninverting symbols look swapped relative to the datasheet of the 4301. Is this correct?

Yep. The schematic (and pinout) is correct, but the symbols are backwards on the graphic. Nice catch.

Back