Muzzle (Classic)

fbex15

Hi all,

Got my muzzle together and it's sort of working? Basically it doesn't hard gate. It just turns down the level of signal instead of cutting it all together. Anyone know what might be causing this?
I am currently only using it as a gate without plugging into the side chain jacks, since Im not around an amp with an FX loop at the moment. Hopefully the guts pic will help. Thanks!

Attachments

• 17064803693432290537563980970956.jpg
    17064803693432290537563980970956.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 26
I don't have this one, but from another thread I was under the impression that the original unit works by turning down the volume, not by hard gating.

Update on the pedal. I waited until my new amp with an FX loop arrived to do a proper test on the pedal. So far these are my issues:

1) I have a key through. As I understand, this is supposed to eliminate my need for a splitter, correct? If I use the 4 cable method (key in, key through -> front of amp, muzzle in FX loop), I get no signal. I'm wondering if I possibly wired my key jacks wrong.

2) With the 2 cable method (guitar -> muzzle -> amp), it does not gate the signal, only turn it down.

3) I also get a ton of noise with the 2 cable method, picking up radio signals.

Appreciate the help!

I don't have this one, but from another thread I was under the impression that the original unit works by turning down the volume, not by hard gating.
I'd appreciate if you could link me to this.

If this is a clone of the fortin zuul, it should be a hard noise gate. Particularly when put in the FX loop using the key input.

Back