Muzzle

Mourguitars

It fired up ....the LED works when gated but has low volume and a whine like noise.....the red maker on the stereo jack is the Tip for the key. think i have it wired right

When pedal is bypassed i get a massive volume boost..

The build docs are different than the PCB...i followed the PCB specs

Last edited:
The only difference in the build docs is the SMD IC and some component placement.

The values printed on your PCB are correct so follow that. Wiring is all the same.

Hello, my muzzle is ready. As you, i have the same problem of down volume when activate (even when the threshold is on minimum). Does change your input key jack solved this ?

I have got this one with my kit.
I connect Tip on 2, Switch on 3 and the 2 ''guitar'' jacks tips and ground together. i think i am right.

Richard

Last edited:
Probably not the problem but you are relying on the case to get key signal ground to the board. You have a ground pad between the tip and switched-top on the board. Maybe add an explicit ground line from that pad up to the key jack. Also, even when I think I have jacks wired right, I stick in a plug and then continuity check from external to the proper internal points to make sure all is well.

I'm really not familiar with those jacks...

Just for troubleshooting, disconnect the two orange wires going to your Key Input jack and connect them together. (Do not connect them to any jack)

Now see if the pedal functions as a normal gate with nothing plugged into the Key Input or Output.

Thanks Paul, i do this and no more down volume problem. Volume is ok (y)
So i try as a normal gate it's works (but threshold at max, my setup is noisy but not too much)
With the key it's work too but also in max and when it's gated i can hear yet some low noises..

Try sanding off some of the paint on the inside around each hole so that the jacks, pot & footswitch all make electrical contact with chassis ground. This plagued me on a couple of builds. Now I take a wire wheel to the inside of the chassis if there is powdercoat surrounding the holes.

Back