Mystery machine Volume Issue

Dpettine16

Has anyone had any issues with the “clean” volume being way below unity? When pedal is active even at full volume it’s far below unity. With distortion on it seems like I get a much better volume distribution.

Socketed resistors are ones I’ve tried adjusting, also ran through ranges of 40-220 hfe germanium, and similar testing with silicon transistors.

Any potential thought?

Has anyone had any issues with the “clean” volume being way below unity? When pedal is active even at full volume it’s far below unity. With distortion on it seems like I get a much better volume distribution.

Socketed resistors are ones I’ve tried adjusting, also ran through ranges of 40-220 hfe germanium, and similar testing with silicon transistors.

Any potential thought?
You won't get much response without pictures

I just glanced at the current version and one that's on Reverb, and I see the PCB's changed from the version above, which is also the one I built a while back. Did anything change that people who bought the old PCB could be aware of?

The previous version was a modified version of the Conqueror project.

The PCB pictured above is the current (most recent) version of the project. It is accurately based on the MMB circuit.

There is a difference in volume between the clean and dirty modes in the original. I don't recall the clean mode being below unity, but the overdrive mode was definitely louder.

If your PCB has the OC79 footprints you have the most recent version.

OK, got it. Yes, I have the OC79 footprints. This was an early build for me and going back over it I just found a cap I must have thought was "close enough" at the time. It's working and sounds good. Thanks

Back