Need slightly heavier compression from limiter dial / effect

nznat

Can anyone help. I built this for fun, it works perfectly, but im wanting to mod it just a little bit, to produce a slightly heavier compression from the limiter dial. It gives a unique slight compression to overall output, like a compressor or like output tube compression, but not quite like a compression pedal, but im simply wanting to make the limiter give more compression if i want that on occasion. What can a slightly mod to achieve that
schematic attached.

Attachments

• gALE booster.png
    gALE booster.png
    103 KB · Views: 6
Increasing the 100kA pot to a 250kA pot would help, by how much, I'm not sure. It sets the gain for the LED portion of the vactrol. I wouldn't go over 250k because you're really pushing the limit on how much gain you should get out of a single opamp stage. I'm not sure if changing the BAT42 diodes would help much either - I'm not too familiar with this type of circuit and I'm not sure if you should go with an increased or decreased forward voltage type of diode. If you need a decreased VF, you're realistically out of luck, as there isn't really much lower VF diodes at the kinds of current these would receive.

Back