New Build - Coda Effects Black Hole

Do you happen to remember the type of DPDT switch you used for this build? I’m building one currently and the BOM is calling for a DPDT On/Off. I’m only finding DPDT switches that come in On/On and On/Off/On. I feel like the On/On will work but wanted to confirm as desoldering a switch like this would really suck. Thank you for any help.

I built one of these a month ago... Definitely an on/on dbdt switch... I also used a DPDT foot switch for the boost circuit instead of using a hand switch.

I built one of these a month ago... Definitely an on/on dbdt switch... I also used a DPDT foot switch for the boost circuit instead of using a hand switch.
Thank you! I have two boards so I was going to try both setups. I have a feeling I’d always leave the boost on for maximum doomz, but also enjoy building out in different ways.

I have the GuitarPCB Sunn board, I just haven’t put it together yet. I want to put a rat circuit in front of it too. Looking forward to this one.

I am building this now and got an on/off/on DPDT switch (no the on/on). Would this work or do I need to get the on/on?

On-off-on would technically “work”. The center position would have no sound. This may have some bad effects, create some buzz because the inputs and outputs would be left floating, not sure. You also might get a pop sound when switching because of that open center position. Might not be a problem, but if it were me I’d wait to get the on-on switch, since it would be no fun to unsolder all 6 pins.

Back