New-ish Builds in Old Enclosures

G.G.

I have a few enclosures that I ended up liking better than the circuits that went in them, so rather than let them sit there unused I've been looking for something to swap in.

The orange one was a transistor Muff Fuzz that just never really did it for me. But I really like the way the enclosure looks, and the liddle 1590g is so cool even though the size makes it such a pain to work with. So I breadboarded up this fuzz that is sort of a hybrid Ge/Si is somewhere between a Fuzz Face and a One Knob Fuzz. It ended up sounding pretty great, very usable with decent cleanup from fuzz to light overdrive.

The other was a Pink Purple Fuzz I made on vero that I never could get the Fuzz and Nature settings balanced into something I would use. But the enclosure is Pink! And the decal seems to have shrunk to make funky cracks in the letters, which kinda works. I made a Raincoat on vero which I ended up liking a lot. I don't have much use for a Big Muff but this can sound very close to a MKII I made with a "Flying Dutchman" Ge set from Smallbear, and has a good tone control, definitely a keeper I'm trying to work into the rotation.

rgpy1Fl.jpg
GjB8EkN.jpg

wh3vy5L.jpg
uE1DZkn.jpg

Back