No wet signal from Ungula Cleft Mod

robertbmillet

Hello! I have an older revision of the ungula (not sure which, not printed on the board) and it appears quite that some of the pads polarities are labelled opposite from the build guide, which confused me, so I went ahead and soldered negative to the square contacts on the board, which is standard practice but like i said, reversed from the build guide. the project is assembled, but I'm not getting any wet signal. true bypass is working, the main LED is working, and I'm getting 9 volts past D5, which I assume means that power is getting into the rest of the circuit, do i just need to reverse D1-D4? IMG_2108.jpg IMG_2109.jpg IMG_2110.jpg IMG_2111.jpg IMG_2112.jpg

Here are those updated pics, I'm not sure what you mean about the transistors? as far as i can tell they appear to be what the mod calls for.
Sorry, I just wasn't paying attention; it says right in the title of the thread "Cleft Mod".

People often sub out components, and I couldn't tell what you have for Q2&Q3 from the first set of pictures.
Sometimes the pinout of different packages causes complications, however in this case 2N1308 TO-5 package and MPSA13 TO-92 are in the same order.

to-5_ebc.png

MPSA13-Pinout.jpg

New pics are good, can't see anything untoward...

Wish I could've been more help.
Maybe there's a solder-bridge under the sockets, or a faulty 3PDT...
I think it's time to follow Locrian99's advice and audio-probe it.

Back