Noticed a small chip (?) on my pcb....

Oh_Discordia!

do you think I'll have any issues? I wouldn't think anything of it except it almost looks like there's a copper trace right in the outline of the resistor... IMG_5741.jpeg

You should be fine, the main issue would be that the trace is unbroken. If you wanted, you could look see if there is continuity between the exposed trace and the nearby holes, and then test between the two holes that tested at each end of pled area. You can possibly also see (by the subtle raised lines in the lack coating where the trace runs.

Which PCB is that?

I don't usually run traces exactly where that line is, but I can check the layout to be 100% sure.

do you think I'll have any issues? I wouldn't think anything of it except it almost looks like there's a copper trace right in the outline of the resistor...View attachment 30947

So long as continuity is still good, it's not a problem. If you're still leary of solder splashing onto it or a component touching it so a short is created, then take some nail varnish or Cyanoacrylate glue and daub over it to seal it off.

Back