Ocanaut Not Working

TCHarley

Hi guys,

I was hoping I could get some help troubleshooting my ocatnaut build. It is really fuzzy and the volume jumps around like crazy. I am not really sure where to begin. Any ideas? Here is a quick recording, first with the pedal off, then on with both pots open all the way.

My apologies. I know this isn't much to go on.

We are at a stale mate, the Trimmers are not bringing the voltage down on the BS170's to 4..5v
It does not make sense that all 6 transistors would be damaged

Sorry for the long delay. Here is a picture of the other side of the board. You can see where I desoldered that cap I had in backwards some of the top layer came off unfortunately

Attachments

• IMG-20200217-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200217-WA0000.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 17
You need to do a Continuity test with your DMM to see if you haven't damage that trace when turning the Electrolytic Around.
Check for continuity from Green dot C100 + Pad to green dot 1N5817 pad. No Beep , Damaged!
Check Blue dot C100 - pad to Ground. No Beep, Damaged!
Confirm that you did put a new 47uF in.
1.00am Here as i write, Good Luck & Goodnight.
Octanaut Trace Test.jpg

Sorry for the long delay. Here is a picture of the other side of the board. You can see where I desoldered that cap I had in backwards some of the top layer came off unfortunately
All is not lost if there is damage, it can be fixed with a Link or jumper
The Pink Dots are for the C100 Ground Link.
The Light Blue is for C100 + Links, Check Light Blue dots for continuity.
You should try spraying the PCB with some Electronic Cleaner Spray, there is a lot of residue.

IMG-20200217-WA0000 Jumpers.jpg

All is not lost if there is damage, it can be fixed with a Link or jumper
The Pink Dots are for the C100 Ground Link.
The Light Blue is for C100 + Links, Check Light Blue dots for continuity.
You should try spraying the PCB with some Electronic Cleaner Spray, there is a lot of residue.

View attachment 3160
Thanks for this, i will poke around in it tonight. I didn't get a chance this weekend to check based on your last reply

Back