Ocelot Octave - Also no Octave

CanadianDave

Hey folks,

Long time since I've been on here. Took a break from pedal building, but I'm back knocking out another 4 pedals.

I've got two problems with my Ocelot Octave build. The first is probably the foot switch, but the pedal is active all the time and my switch is acting as an intermittent switch, rather than on-off. I plan on switching out the foot switch once I get the octave working properly.

The real problem is that the octave function isn't working. The pedal is working as a clean boost, the volume control works, and the octave controls seem to be making a tiny impact on the sound... but no octave.

I'm getting voltage to all the IC's, but not sure what I should be looking for.

At one point I had the TL072's backwards... not sure if I could have fried one in the process.

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg IMG_2018.jpg IMG_2019.jpg

Is it possible that's a momentary footswitch? Either way, that problem definitely sounds like a footswitch issue.

It'd be worth swapping the TL072's one at a time to see if one is damaged, if you have one.

If you don't have a spare, try swapping them around with each other into different sockets to see if the problem changes.

I had a two extra TL072's laying around. I rotated them through all the positions.

I also had an extra CD4013 which I swapped out. No difference.

It's still operating as a slight clean boost.

Wondering if I need to do a whole-sale swap out of the IC's.

Reflowed the entire thing.

It got more fun.

Octave 1 isn't making much if any difference. Octave 2 creates an octave effect, but the ground noise shows up as 8-bit video game synth sounds.

Ordered more TL072's to swap out on the weekend.

Back